Friday, February 8, 2008

Francis: The Pre-text

I will begin my stories, with a sub-series of stories, about a fellow that indefinately changed my life. He's everything a writer could ask for in a topic.... insane, lovable, furious, and hilarious. As a friend, he's also everything you could ask for, well he's everything I could ask for. Most people would probably be afraid, as I was often. But he kept life interesting, and always kept me laughing, even when it was for the wrong reasons. What more can you ask for?

We'll call him Francis, since I still like him pretty good. Plus, Francis is a funny name and I like to say it. I met Francis when I was 17 years old. We were both working at the local Buffet Restaurant. To this day, I'm still unsure of how we became friends, since I was, and still am, unsocial, and he was not the typical type of person that I would befriend. One way or another it happened, and he began letting me borrow his car. This was an exceptional deal for me, since I barely knew how to drive since my mother revoked my privileges after I almost killed her twice.

Now, Francis had stipulations on the usage of his vehicle and violating these stipulations would not result in the loss of privileges, but resulted in the most horrendous of consequences.... a pissed off Francis. I'll tell you what, I'd rather have my mom pissed at me, than deal with him. It was that bad. Anyways, back to the stipulations. One, you must NEVER drive the rust-colored Spectrum while impaired. Which, for me, meant stoned. Hey, I liked weed. Two, you must be on time to pick Francis up from work. And that was it. Two simple rules that were impossible to follow. But, oh, what a time.

Now I haven't quite touched on the part where Francis was madly in love with me. He was. And I now know where they got that phrase from. Not only did he go berzerk over the misuse of his vehicle, but he also went berzerk if I chose to spend time with anyone other than him, if I chose to use any drugs other than pot, or if I insisted that my best friend, Hurricane Elizabeth, tagged along. Of course, I did all 3 regularly and this also caused many of great stories. Now that we have the pre-text taken care of, we can get to the good stuff.

No comments: